Allows quick pinpointing of leaks in exhaust air cleaning equipment, reducing the time spent by personnel identifying tears, holes and bad seals in bags. it also allows detection of structural air leaks in the system as weld cracks and problems with the fitting of metal enclosure covers.
The KAY-GLOW® is a lightweight fluorescent colored powder which is injected into the collector, following the path of least resistance and accumulating around the Source of the leakage. The inspection must be made with the aid of a suitable ultraviolet lamp and visually the precise locations of the leakages can be found.
BEFORE THE TEST, FOLLOWING POINTS MUST BE CHECKED AS KEY INFORMATION
- Positive / negative system: allows to find the injection location
- Clean dust of the plenum: allows to see the powder easily under ultraviolet light
- Cloth area: to calculate filter cloth area in your system, use the following formula.
TO MAKE THIS TEST, THERE ARE THE FOLLOWING STEPS
- Shut off the cleaning system
- Fan in operation
- Inject powder: recommended quantity is 0,5 kg/100 m2
- Shut off fan (45 – ۶۰ seconds)
- test with light: powder glows brightly under an ultraviolet light, alerting you to the location of air leaks. Test has to be made under the darkest conditions possible.
- Contact your KAYSER representative to discuss the specific needs of your installation.
fluorescence test procedure
- Labor savings, reducing the time of the maintenance during the shutdown
- Simple test to perform locate bag leaks
- Proven product
- Available in three different colors for best contrast or multiple tests
- Specifically engineered particle size distribution designed to provide the highest visibility to
- Non-formaldehyde formula